Friday 27 November 2015

Eastern Skies

About 5 years ago I started getting into researching areas of the East Coast that have dark skies such as the western states. I was told it doesn't exist but I continued my search. I came across a small section of West Virginia called the Monongahela Nation Forest. There are only 2 roads that pass between towns that have 1 gas station and a small convenience store. Located 4 hours from Washington D.C., I knew I'd be doing a lot of driving. After a few years of scouting the locations on Google Earth and in person, I started shooting the spring of 2014. I was also focusing some time down at North Carolina's Outer Banks. Cape Hatteras is the most outer point of the famous OBX with very little light pollution, dark skies and amazing historic light houses. EASTERN SKIES was shot over a 10 month period or 2 full Summers / Falls. I battled some of the most extreme thunderstorms, insane fog, dew and anything else mother nature threw at me.
DSLR Bodies
Canon 5d mk3
Canon 6d
Lenses
Canon 16-35L 2.8 II
Canon 14mmL 2.8 II
Canon 70-200L 2.8 II
Tamron 15-30 2.8
Motorized Gear
-Kessler
-Emotimo
Music
"Dwell"
Tony Anderson
For licensing inquiries, please email mikezorger or visit mikezorger.com

Eastern Skies from Mike Zorger on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment